EM 775 Marketing Strategies

This Blog has been created as a forum for Milwaukee School of Engineering, Rader School of Business students to comment on various issues related to the subject matter of our class. The class, "Marketing Strategies" is an elective class in the graduate management program. The views expressed are those of the students individually and not of the professor or the university.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

More Super Bowl Ads Stuff

Check out this Blog Post....

Gene A. Wright

You can register and comment there, or comment here.

Gene A. Wright

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find the superbowl game a super hype of two of the best teams in the NFL. The game starts, something happens, then the better team rolls to a lopsided win.

As has been evident the last couple to may be even the last decade, the game is secondary to the commercials. Many people will watch the game for the ads, especially people not interested in football. In the following days and weeks, the game will be forgotten but not the ads.

As a segway, my favorite is the Snicker's commercial. The reason is because it was truly akward and somewhat shocking to watch on public TV. It was obviously planned to shock and I think it worked. When at work and some guys are talking, I've asked if they "need a snickers moment?" (just to be funny)

Brian

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that one of my favorite Super Bowl commercials goes back to 1984. I had to search a bit for the timing, as I truly didn’t remember that this happened in 1984. This commercial is still in my head - http://www.uriahcarpenter.info/1984.html. This commercial introduced us to the Macintosh, or at least the name. I was truly curious to why this computer was going to be so different. The commercial didn’t make sense to me the first time I watched it and I had to watch it many times to understand. I still pick up things when I watch it even today. Yes, I will admit it, I record the Super Bowl on my DVR so that I can go back and watch the commercials many times.

D. Wilson

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home